Name:
Location: salem, Massachusetts, United States

Sunday, March 09, 2008

ANTIQUE FRAMES

For the month of March, the Art Corner will feature an exhibit of antique frames, some with artwork in them by local artists John Hutchinson, Jim Chisholm, Racket Shreve, and Charles Lang.

I am researching antique frames and will post descriptions and explanations of each frame exhibited. It'll take me all month, but that's the way it is. Also, the frames are FOR SALE! I'll post prices on them, too.

I find these frames at antique stores, flea markets, estate sales, and customers bring in frames they don't want any more.

I DON'T do restoration! I "Play around" with "filling in" missing pieces, but more likely I'll just cut the frame down, cutting past the "offending" missing piece! I'll paint the frame in places, too, to match the missing or flawed pieces. Sometimes, if a frame has a fillet or liner that is damaged, I'll replace that, so it's not always "original." But it makes the frame LOOK better, and that's the point, methinks!

Thanks and stop on by--
Wendy
The ART Corner
264 Washington Street
Salem, MA 01970
978-745-9524
Hours: Monday to Saturday, 9-5
Thursdays to 7pm.
Closed Sundays for MARCH only!
Otherwise open 1-4pm.