Name:
Location: salem, Massachusetts, United States

Saturday, September 23, 2006

New Links Section--New Buddies!

My good friend, Jim Belfiore, showed me tonight how to add links to my blog. He added his own, Virgil Visions; his wife's, Johnna Klukas, and a mutual friend's, Bob Eggleton. He also showed ME how to do it and I THINK I GOT IT!

Let me introduce my link buddies: Jim Belfiore re-edits and re-packages old, Public Domain short subject movies, very funny stuff seen through our "modern Day" eyes! Check out Virgil Visions.

Johnna Klukas is an award winning woodworker--a wood turner. She creates beautiful scenes and images and functional pieces in wood, using a lathe and belt sanders and some hand carving. But don't let me bore you with my feeble attemptments at describing her work: check it out yourself by linking to her site!

PLUS--you'll be able to see many of her pieces "in the flesh" as it were, at the ART Corner in October! She is one of the exhibiting artists for our October show--Art That Goes BUMP in the Night!

The third link is to Bob Eggleton's website. Bob is a real STAR in the Science Fiction world. He is a book cover illustrator, a conceptual designer for film, the OFFICIAL Godzilla artist, a painter and a REAL NICE GUY! I knew Bob before I knew my husband! So that's what, Bob? Thirty years, now? Bob has won science fiction's Academy Award for Best Artist--the Hugo--NINE TIMES! Go to his site to see his wonderful work!

Bob will also be an exhibitor at our Art That Goes BUMP in the Night show for October.

Wendy
The ART Corner
264 Washington Street
Salem, MA., 01970
978-745-9524